Just wanna share this article I saw online (not written by me!!)
ELONGATE YOUR LEGS
Shape Magazine’s Executive Style Director, Jacqui Stafford, always has good advice about dressing to flatter your figure. So we wanted to hear her tricks for making our legs look as good as possible. Here with her five top tips:
1. Hem skirts at the knee. The eye is automatically drawn to where the hem meets the leg and the knee is the thinnest point. By contrast, if you hem a skirt at mid-calf, your legs will appear heavier.
2. Hem pants ½ inch off the ground. This one is pure common sense— if you keep your pants as long as possible, you’ll create a longer line. Jacqui also suggests wearing a high heel and avoiding capris at all costs.
3. Buy a nude d’orsay heel. Nude shoes (especially d’orsay heels, which give a peek at your arches), in essence trick the eye into thinking your legs are longer than they are because they visually continue the line of your leg.
4. Avoid ankle straps. They’re tempting but more often than not they make your legs look shorter. If you can’t avoid indulging in the popular gladiator trend right now, pair them with jeans.
5. Contour with self tanner. Add some bronze shimmer just down the shin which reflects light and creates definition.